Installing 2010 Trial - File not found error in batch job

Mar 17, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to install the trial version of the tools for SharePoint 2010. The install folder is unzipped and copied to a download folder on the server. I run the installer batch file as Admin and after the command:

STSADMIN.EXE -o AddSolution -filename ActiveDirectoryTools.wsp

I get the error message:

ActiveDirectoryTools.wsp: The specified file was not fourd.

Do I need to copy to wsp to a specific directory? There is no documentation for this product.

Coordinator
Mar 17, 2011 at 5:24 PM
You should be able to run the install.bat file directly from the unzipped folder. It looks for the .wsp to be in the same directory as the batch file. Documentation is included in the zip file. It is called Active Directory Tools For SharePoint 2010.pdf

From the documentation....

Installation

Make sure the SharePoint Administration service is running on your Centeral Admin front-end web server. Run the install.bat file on the primary front-end web server. Once this has completed, navigate to the Central Administration site and select “System Settings” and the click on “Manage Farm Solutions”. Select the “activedirectorytools.wsp” solution and click “Deploy Solution”.
Once the solution has finished deployment, navigate to your site collection and go to “Site Settings / Site Collection Features”. Activate the “Active Directory Tools” feature. The web parts will now be available in all sites within the activated site collection.

If I need to beef this up some, I definitely can. Let me know if there is something you think I should add.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 12:19 PM, wbalthrop <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to install the trial version of the tools for SharePoint 2010. The install folder is unzipped and copied to a download folder on the server. I run the installer batch file as Admin and after the command:

STSADMIN.EXE -o AddSolution -filename ActiveDirectoryTools.wsp

I get the error message:

ActiveDirectoryTools.wsp: The specified file was not fourd.

Do I need to copy to wsp to a specific directory? There is no documentation for this product.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (adselfservice@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email adselfservice@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 17, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Hmm, interesting, because the zip I downloaded only has three files in it; ActiveDirectoryTools.dll, ActiveDirectoryTools.wsp, and install.bat

Let me try the download again and make sure I got the correct one.

Mar 17, 2011 at 7:53 PM

ok, downloaded again. This time it came with documentation, but still does not work. I get the same file not fourd error.

I'm running on a hosted virtual server with SharePoint Foundation 2010. Copied the entire install folder to the C drive of the server. I ran the batch file as adminisatrator, and I get the file not found error.

I even tryed copying the wsp and dll to the 12\Bin folder with no success.

I have installed other 3rd party web parts as recent as yesterday with no issues, though it used an installer program, not a batch file.

Mar 17, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Had my sys admin do it and the batch file ran. He was logged on with the same accourt I used, so it must have been in his wrist.