This project is read-only.

Profile Manager SP2010 field update issue

May 12, 2011 at 3:01 AM

I have installed the 2010 English version of the Profile Manager. It links to AD fine and returns the exisiting fields just fine and will permit updating of the existing fileds just fine Howeber when I attempt to add new fileds such as ou i keep getting the same error:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Now, at first I thought that I may have been using incorrect field names but I loaded a AD Schema snap-in for MMC and it doesn't seem to matter what person fields I select from the scheme I get the same error. I am making these changes whilst logged in as Administrator--would this affect things?

Anything I should try?

Cheers...John.

May 12, 2011 at 2:24 PM
ou is not a field that you can update in the Profile Manager to be best of my knowledge. But it should return you an error message saying "Field Not Found In Active Directory", not a null object reference.

Can you send me a screenshot of the error?

burkeholland@gmail.com

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:01 PM, wildframe <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have installed the 2010 English version of the Profile Manager. It links to AD fine and returns the exisiting fields just fine and will permit updating of the existing fileds just fine Howeber when I attempt to add new fileds such as ou i keep getting the same error:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Now, at first I thought that I may have been using incorrect field names but I loaded a AD Schema snap-in for MMC and it doesn't seem to matter what person fields I select from the scheme I get the same error. I am making these changes whilst logged in as Administrator--would this affect things?

Anything I should try?

Cheers...John.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (adselfservice@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email adselfservice@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com