This project is read-only.

Database Configuration - Setup Wizard

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Hi All,

I'm new to uManage self service and setting up a site for the first time. I've successfully created the IIS site and am running the setup wizard but am stumbling at the Database Configuration. I've read through previous queries regarding this and still not having any luck.

I have MS SQL Server 2008 installed on a different server to the uManage server. On the SQL server I can connect using the SA account (had trouble with this at first but after changing the password and enabling mixed login mode, I can now log in fine).

When I enter the server address on the uManage setup wizard, I get the "Failed to Connect to the Database Server" error. Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong please?

Many thanks,

Will 

Sep 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Ok, managed to get it to create the database in the end, but now when I complete the wizard I get the "Failed to read template file or create new file" error and the wizard ends. I have deleted the database and ums-conn login from SQL and tried again (3 times) but still getting the same error. Sounds like it's a permissions issue, but not sure if there is anything I need to change? 

Any help would be great.

Thanks