This project is read-only.

NTLM

Jan 27, 2009 at 10:08 PM
Will this web part work if I do not have Kerberos authentication working in my MOSS environment?
Jan 27, 2009 at 10:13 PM
You should not have to use Kerberos unless you are hitting an external moss server sitting in the DMZ over SSL with the LDAP server behind it.
Jan 27, 2009 at 10:24 PM
I keep getting the "Error: An operations error occurred.".  Distinguished name and samAccountName are coming back ok.  I've read the other posts in the discussion.  I do not have SSL configured at the moment.  Currently, I'm trying to use secure authentication.  Windows authentication is configured on the MOSS Farm.  Anything else I should know?  I'm using the following LDAP connection string  LDAP://mydomain.com

Thanks for your quick response,

Gary
Feb 2, 2009 at 4:38 PM
Gary

I would double-check and make sure that your LDAP server is not over SSL.  This appears to be the common denominator for the "Operations Error".  Unfortunatly, the "Operations Error" is still unsolved and generally means that your environment will not support this web part.

Since I cannot replicate the error on my side, I don't have an ETA for bug fix.  The best we can hope for is a member of the community with this error to solve it for us.