problems with configuration

Sep 9, 2009 at 5:46 AM

When I try to change a my password with the web part it switches the user to NETWORKSERVICE and says invalid password like its trying to change the password for the service account instead of the user that requested the page.  Can you please shed some light into this issue please.  My config is apache2 reverse proxy to Sharepoint 2007.  Currently having to use basic authication if that means anything. 

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Yes, unfortunately that sounds right.

It's because the web part looks at the System.Security.Principle.Current, which pulls in the current windows identity as defined by IIS.  If you are using basic authentication, it will not work.  I suppose the web part should really look at the sharepoint user.  Let me see about putting in a fix for that.

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:46 AM

Thanks.  I would really appreciate it.  Unfortunately Apache doesn't play well with NTLM auth or integrated auth.

Oct 20, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Has this issue been resolved?  We are having the same problem using IIS7 and WSS3.0.  We could really use this tool, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

DEBUG - samAccountName: NETWORK SERVICE

Error: Unknown error (0x80005000)

Thanks!
~Q~

Oct 20, 2009 at 10:58 PM

We ended up using this solution instead, and it works great! http://changepassword.codeplex.com/

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Sorry, is there is any fix on that ?

tia